” I’m giving away a $50 Sur La Table gift card. READ ON TO ENTER!”
I recently made this salad for my niece Vanessa who loved it so much; she now proclaims it one of her favourite salads.
After watching me do a few cooking videos for the blog, she decided that she, too, wanted to be part of the “web show”, as she likes to call it.
Given that this is her favorite salad now, I showed her how to make it on her own. In the video below, Vanessa shows you how to recreate this simple and quick salad. I think she did a terrific job 🙂
It’s healthy and quick to make (considering the beets are already cooked) and perfect for a summer afternoon.
It’s terrific with lamb burgers.
Recently, I shared with you the secrets to making the perfect burger meat. Now, how about building that perfect burger? It’s no secret that each one of us has different tastes and therefore different ideas on what makes the perfect burger! So, I thought I’d share with you my idea of the perfect burger.
So, how do you enter the contest? Leave me a comment and let me know what your idea of the perfect burger is? What condiments do you insist on? I will pick a random number from the outer planetary psychic random number generator. No Favoritism here! For bonus entries, tweet this post, stumble it or share on facebook and come back and post about it here.
CONTEST OVER! WINNER IS JOY WRIGHT. Congratulations!
Can’t wait to try this….. looks and sounds delicious! Loved the video, Vanessa is a little star.”
- 200g/7 oz roasted or boiled beets, chopped into cubes
- 200g/ 7 oz avocados, chopped into cubes
- Juice of half a lemon, or more to taste
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 handful of coriander (about 10g/1/4 oz), finely chopped- About 10g
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Place the chopped beets in a deep salad bowl and using a spoon scoop out the cubed avocados , and add into the bowl, and then squeeze over some lemon to stop the oxidation (keeping the avocados from turning brown)
- Add the green onions, salt, pepper and coriander, drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix well and serve up at a picnic, BBQ or on a juicy burger!