One of my ultimate dressings or dips, this wonderfully versatile mixture is traditionally paired with falafel, baked fish, meatballs and many other dishes. If you have leftovers from this recipe, it will keep refrigerated, in a sealed container, for about 5-7 days.
- 200ml/7fl oz/heaped ¾ cup tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley or other herb of your choice (optional)
- sea salt
- Put the tahini and garlic in a bowl, then gradually whisk in 200ml/7fl oz/generous ¾ cup water, alternating
- with the lemon juice. The tahini will initially thicken a bit before it dilutes to a yogurt-like consistency. Be sure to whisk until no lumps remain. You may not require all the lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt, and add more lemon juice if you require a little more acidity. Sprinkle in the parsley, if using.